We are much more likely to choose healthy food if we help prepare it.
The mission of FEAST is to empower youth and families to grow, prepare and enjoy fruits and vegetables through hands on cooking and garden education.
FEAST classes focus on;
- Problem solving, communication and teamwork
- Increasing fresh, locally grown produce in everyday living
- Gaining confidence by exploring different ways to prepare fresh produce
- Creating and changing recipes, substituting ingredients
- Learning how food affects your brain and body
- Connecting to Core Curriculum and Essential Standards in math, reading, writing, science, health and nutrition